Monday, September 24, 2007

Peace

Well, the time has finally come. 

There were some days when we thought we would never get there, but here we are. Some of you who read this will be as excited as we are, and others will be nearly sick with anxiety as you think of our journey. We have both had times of feeling overwhelmed and worried about what the future holds as we travel halfway around the world. As I worked through all of those fears I realized, though, that this is exactly where God wants me to be. All of the things in my life until now have lined up to bring me to this very spot. I feel absolutely confident that I am where He wants me to be, and there is nowhere else I would rather find myself. It has been difficult at times and will continue to be, and it is also very difficult for our friends and loved ones to see us go. But, I feel so honored to be chosen for this wonderful service, and I know that God is with us each step of our journey. I do not have fear anymore, only excitement, joy, and peace. A few weeks ago I desperately prayed Philippians 4:6-8.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I just feel so grateful to have received the peace that transcends all understanding. It is a good feeling to rest in the arms of the everlasting God. So, for all of you who love us- please don't worry and don't be sad. We are getting to live out our wildest dreams, we are being faithful servants to the God who created us, and we are getting to love on people who haven't received much love on this earth. I just don't think I could ask for anything more. We love each of you and are taking that love in our hearts with us to Africa. 

No comments: